Good friends and good deeds

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In my last post, I grappled with a little liberal guilt, over my shameless promotion of an industry that is, among other things, destroying local, up-and-coming designers. So, this is me walking my talk, and supporting the local industry and a very dear friend who is incredibly clever and talented in what she does. And asking you to do the same (support my friend, but being talented in what you do is also really great).

Some of you may already own clothes created by Melanie Dawson. I do. Many. They are some of the most amazing pieces in my wardrobe. Mel, in her third year of a Bachelor of Design (Fashion), is not only one of the most talented young designers I know, but also one of the most humble. So, after some gentle and loving persuasion, she agreed to enter a radio station competition for a NZ Fashion Week prize package. She had to submit a picture of something she had created and she was chosen as a finalist! I have smugly pointed out that I am not surprised. So this week you can vote for her. Here! Now! Only taking you a few seconds! You have to click through the last three finalists, and vote for number 7 on the last page. 


*few seconds passing*


Oh thank-you. Easy, wasn't it?

Here are some other pictures from this same collection, 'Sealed with A Kiss' (inspired by Klimt's 'The Kiss'):












Talented huh?

It can count as your selfless good deed of the day, and will allow you to feel a little better about all the money you spent on the Topshop site. Everyone wins. 


(Especially Mel.)



No comments:

Post a Comment