You oughta know

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yesterday, a list of the ten most unanswerable questions of the last decade was released. I'm not sure what it says about 21st Century mankind; that we are an image conscious, occasionally contemplative, philosophically challenged generation, who are stupid enough to ask a search engine existential questions?

Perhaps one who frequently googles personalised questions such as 'what operating system do I have?' or 'what is my postcode?', shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Although knowing the meaning of life would be useful, I think there are some notable omissions from the list:

1. Does the spinning top fall?
2. How did Paul really know?
3. Where are all of my socks, hair ties, hair pins, and lids to containers/containers to lids?
4. How do I convert fahrenheit to degrees? Why can't it be an easy formula?
5. Why would anyone use Ask Jeeves over Google?



2 comments:

Claire Davis said...

Di, I embarrassingly don't understand pop culture reference number 2! Can you please explain?

Di said...

Claire! It's funny you ask. When I wrote that, I had a little inner-monologue-moment, asking myself whether 'Paul' sufficiently identified Paul the Octopus.

Answer: No. X

Post a Comment